The Best American Comics 2010 by Michael Cho
An angry, bespectacled teen. Clash button on his jacket. Is it an accusing or defiant expression? Is he tossing the comics onto the fire or trying to save them? Either way, the message is clear: the world will burn for what you’ve done!
Of note: they’ve a major book publisher behind them, but opt for a mostly monochrome cover. Some spot greys, but mostly harsh black and white (apart from the type-only orange). With some good design sense and a clever use of contrast (see how the boy is framed by the flames) it’s an arresting image.
- alcixhxan likes this
- pachee likes this
- fromthenotebrooke likes this
- mildewonmytoast reblogged this from chefgoldblum
- mildewonmytoast likes this
- chefgoldblum reblogged this from sputnikcomics and added:
- geeksturr likes this
- ikeeelyoupftphewphewphew likes this
- sputnikcomics posted this